Receiver-in-Canal is an open fit option designed for mild to moderately severe hearing loss. By placing the speaker in the ear, natural comfortable hearing is provided to the user. The contemporary slim design is small, stylish and can be worn discreetly behind the ear and is available in a variety of elegant colors.
Receiver-in-Canal Hearing Aids
Receiver-In-Canal hearing aids have become extremely popular with those who wear hearing aids. Receiver-in-Canal hearing aids provide a level of comfort and performance that is unrivaled, and the majority of people who use Receiver-in-Canal say they love them. Receiver-In-Canal hearing aids provide a natural sound quality and superior noise reduction. In addition to being incredibly small in size, these hearing aids feature sophisticated design and easy of use functionality. They’re so comfortable that many people say they forget they’re wearing them and many report these are the most natural sounding hearing aids they’ve ever worn.
In most cases, Receiver-in-Canal is made for minor and moderate hearing loss. In some devices, with a stronger receiver, it can also fit severe hearing loss. Another consideration is your ear canal. It can’t be too narrow, otherwise the receiver won’t fit in. The Receiver-in-Canal will typically use a universal open fit tip, but you can also wear it with a tailor made tip that will be made specially to fit your ear.
Receiver-in-Canal hearing aids offer you advanced sound management technologies that ultimately provide you a more natural and comfortable hearing experience. Since you separate the receiver, the case can be even smaller than usual. Another advantage, is that the sound from the receiver is transmitted directly to the ear drum. This is not the case in classic Behind the Ear Aids, where a tiny tube is used to conduct the sounds from the case into the ear and to the ear drum. Other advantages include:
- An arguably better quality of sound than ever.
- Extra tinnitus relief, as the hearing aids are generally non occluding.
- Gives better amplification to high pitched sounds.
- Occlusion free.
- Easier and quicker fitting as impressions are not required.
- More comfortable fit for client.
- Available at entry mid and top end prices points.
- Some Receiver-in-Canal aids have wireless technology, communicating with each other too reduce the effects of noise reduction
- Feedback cancellation system virtually eliminates buzzing and whistling.
- Technology that discreetly and simply adjusts your hearing aids memory or volume using any touch-tone phone without additional hardware.
- System helps you hear the speech you want while minimizing unwanted background noise.
- Recognizes and adapts smoothly to optimize different sound environments – like wind, speech, speech in noise, machine noise, etc.
- Automatic voice and tone indicators that tell you the status of your hearing aid, battery and when you need to make an appointment.
- Automatically knows when you’re on the phone and adjusts settings for optimal telephone listening.
- Special memory capability that allows your hearing aids to automatically adjust to the preset music and TV listening settings most comfortable to you.
The original downfall of Receiver-in-Canal hearing aids was the increase feedback that users experienced. With the advancements in technology, feedback management systems within Receiver-in-Canal hearing aids allows them to perform better than ever before.